Sale and Carriage of Goods, Commercial Agents.
Littleton continues to attract a loyal following in this sector, primarily owing to the straightforward and commercial advice given by members of Chambers before trial and their proven track record at trials themselves.
Littleton barristers are known for their unstuffy approach and for their dedication to providing clients with a first-class service whether the dispute is a multimillion pound commercial court matter or a fast-track claim for freight damage.
Key cases include:
- Chan v Alvis Vehicles Ltd acting for Defendant resisting $6 million commission claim relating to arms sales to Indonesia; an ancillary application by The Guardian for inspection of documents is reported at  1 WLR 2965
- Lobster Group v 1) Heidelberg Graphic Equipment and 2) Close Asset Finance  All ER (D) 37 successfully acting for Defendants in action arising out of supply of allegedly defective industrial printing press: 7-day High Court trial.
- Lakeside plc v Mastergood KFT dispute over pricing and "open book” agreement between Hungarian manufacturer of ready-made poultry products and English wholesaler: action settled on favourable terms mid-trial (Mercantile Court, May 2010)
- A substantial dispute in which four members of chambers acted for a company party to a long-term contract for the supply of fruit to a major supermarket (dispute settled before trial, 2010)
- Commercial court claim in respect of allegedly defective set-top boxes in Norwegian digital TV market (ongoing)
- Commercial court claim in respect of allegedly defective computer software (ongoing)
- An ongoing multi-million dollar claim involving allegations of unlawful diversion of mineral shipping contracts from Mexico to China;
- Commercial agency disputes in fields as diverse as the supply of sportswear, mobile phones and pet products
- Numerous freight disputes litigated in county courts
Older reported cases include:
- Overseas Medical Supplies Ltd v Orient Transport Services Ltd  2 Lloyd’s Rep 273 (reasonableness of BIFA Conditions of Carriage)
- Interlink Express Parcels Ltd v Night Trunkers Ltd (The Times, 15th March 2000) Goods Vehicles (Licensing of Operators) Act 1995
- Linpac Plastics Ltds v Europlast H Mudder GmbH  EWCA Civ 1804 (goods orders placed by third party to distribution agreement)