Nick has extensive experience of claims relating to confidential information, restrictive covenants, breach of fiduciary duty, passing off and the economic torts. Nick has appeared in several high-profile ‘team move’ cases involving applications for springboard injunctive relief.
Cases in which Nick has acted include:
- Everyday Loans Limited v (1) Howells (2) Advancis Limited (QB) 2020: claim for interim springboard relief against a former director and his new business in the non-standard lending sector, based on breach of restrictive covenants (contained in a share purchase agreement) and misuse of confidential information (led by Adam Solomon QC).
- Argus Media Ltd v Halim  EWHC 42 (QB): acted for the successful claimant in a claim for breach of restrictive covenants and misuse of confidential information (7-day speedy trial, led by Gavin Mansfield QC). Nick also appeared (unled) against more senior counsel in a successful specific disclosure application (reported at  EWHC 3620 (QB)).
- Vanden Recycling Ltd v Kras Recycling BV  EWCA Civ 354: appeal concerning impact of a consent order on the claimant’s ability to pursue joint tortfeasors in an unlawful means conspiracy claim; appeal succeeded in part (led by David Reade QC).
- WE Cox Claims Group Ltd v Spencer  EWHC 2552 (QB): application for forensic examination of computer equipment (sole counsel).
- Airsys Communications v Becker  EWHC 1684 (QB): claim for breach of non-compete restrictive covenants in shareholders and service agreements against former CEO; interim relief successfully obtained with court undertakings (led by Stuart Ritchie QC).
- M&E Global (Staffing) Solutions Ltd v Tudge (QB): international springboard injunction case, involving personnel engaged at US military bases in Germany (led by Adam Solomon QC, unable to attend injunction hearing – reported at  EWHC 597 (QB)).
- Davies v Hart  EWHC 3121 (QB): successfully resisted application to set aside default judgment in restrictive covenant share sale agreement case (sole counsel).
- De Vere Holding Company Ltd v Belgravia Wealth Management Europe Kft  EWHC 3189 (QB),  EWHC 3781 (QB): multi-jurisdictional team move case concerning independent financial advisors across Eastern Europe, involving application for springboard injunctive relief (led by Adam Solomon QC).
- First Rate FX Ltd v Trading by Telephone Ltd and others  EWHC 982 (QB);  EWHC 983 (QB): foreign currency trader team move case involving allegations of unlawful means conspiracy in breach of financial regulations (led by Adam Solomon QC).