Carol is particularly sought after for her careful attention to detail, her punchy and probing cross examination and her clear analysis of the law.
Recent work includes:
- Defending a global insurance and financial services claim and a number of senior members of management in a multiweek case of direct and indirect race discrimination, harassment, victimization and unfair dismissal.
- Defending a global law firm and one of its equity partners in a 5-week case of direct race discrimination and victimisation brought by an Associate.
- Defending a global financial services consulting firm against a claim for pregnancy and maternity discrimination, victimisation, harassment and unfair dismissal.
- Defending a global banking and financial services company and one of its Managing Directors against a claim for pregnancy and maternity discrimination, sex discrimination, harassment and unfair dismissal.
- Defending claims of direct disability discrimination and a failure to make reasonable adjustments brought by a senior teacher at a leading independent girls’ day school.
- Advising and representing a foreign exchange trader in a claim for unfair and wrongful dismissal following his dismissal for alleged gross misconduct arising out of chatroom communications.
- Advising and representing the Head of a Trading Desk at one of the leading investment banks in a claim for race discrimination.
- Advising and representing a long-serving branch employee of a high street bank in a claim for direct disability discrimination, discrimination arising from disability, failure to make reasonable adjustment, harassment and victimisation following the termination of her employment during a period of long-term sickness absence.