Alexander’s commercial litigation practice covers the range of business disputes including contractual disputes, commercial fraud, shareholder disputes, disputes between directors/senior employees, disputes arising out of JVAs, agency disputes (including under the Commercial Agents Regulations), and franchising disputes.
He has experience across a range of industries with particular recent expertise in the IT, banking, recruitment, telecommunications, sports and media sectors. Recent cases include:
- Joseph v Deloitte NSE LLP  EWCA Civ 1457. Court of Appeal decision dealing with the implication of contractual terms and estoppel. Led by Jonathan Cohen QC.
- Trailfinders Limited v La Gette, Bishop and Travel Counsellors Limited  EWHC 591 and  EWCA Civ 31. IPEC trial in breach of confidence claim. CA decision a leading authority on the test for knowledge in claims for breach of confidence cases against a third party recipient. Led by Gavin Mansfield QC.
- AC Ltd v Lim  8 WLUK 15 (QB). Acted for successful claimant casino in its application for worldwide freezing injunction against foreign national. Subsequent successful application for ﬁnding that defendant was in contempt of court for non-compliance with disclosure and other provisions of the freezing order.
- AC Ltd v Al Sari (2019). Successful application for worldwide freezing injunction against foreign national.
- Iberia Lineas v Arik Air Ltd (2018). £Multi-m claim by Spanish national carrier, Iberia, against the Nigerian national carrier, Arik Air. Addressed novel points about when currency ﬂuctuations might amount to an event frustrating a contract. Successful application for strike out of the Defence.
- Brainbox Digital Ltd v Backboard Media GmbH  EWHC 2465 (QB). High-value international fraud dispute in IT sector, including freezing injunction. Successful application for security for costs. The Judgment gives important guidance on security for costs and the scope of the undertaking in damages at the injunctive stage. Led by David Reade QC.
- Hills v Niksun Inc  EWCA Civ 115. Court of Appeal decision on scope of an employer’s discretion under bonus agreements after Braganza v BP Shipping Limited.
- Premier League Club X v Premier League Club Y Multi-day arbitration regarding proper construction of sales contract.
- National Housing Trust v YPSAC Limited  UKPC 43 Successful appeal to Privy Council re construction dispute. The Board gave important guidance upon: (i) the court’s power to interfere with arbitrator’s award and (ii) an arbitrator’s power to award compound interest. Led by Stuart Ritchie Q.C.
- AmTrust Europe Limited v Trust Risk Group SpA Long-running dispute between insurer and broker. Application for anti-arbitration injunction in relation to a Milan arbitration successfully resisted (see  EWHC 1927 (Comm)). Led by Charles Samek Q.C.
Alexander is co-author, with Charlotte Davies, of the PLC note on Conspiracy in Commercial Fraud.