Back to all articles & webinars
Employee Status, Parental Rights, Equal Pay, and Health & Safety – an update and review of developments in the areas of sport and employment law
This section of the LawInSport year in review will in part be an update to what was covered in last year’s section and consider further developments that took place in the last 12 months in the UK. As such this section will cover the following:
- The Uber case and its impact on future employee status cases in sport.
- “IR35” tax legislation.
- The Benefits of being an employee, specifically:
– Developments relating to issues surrounding maternity leave.
– Developments relating to the issue of equal pay.
– Health and Safety relating to head injuries.
This article was written by Bianca Balmelli as part of LawInSport’s year in review series 2021/2 and can be viewed in full on the LawInSport website.