Charlotte is known as one of the leading juniors practising in business protection / employee competition law. She has significant experience of acting in applications for injunctive relief, in speedy trials and in standard trials. Her experience covers the range of issues that arise in this area including enforcement of restrictive covenants, abuse of confidential information, team moves and breach of fiduciary duties.
Notable cases have included:
- Stifel Nicolaus Europe Ltd v Jefferies International Ltd & others: acting for Stifel Nicolaus Europe Ltd, an investment bank, in claim against Jefferies and various individuals alleging an unlawful team move and breach of covenants. Led by David Reade KC.
- Burnell v Trans-Tag Ltd  EWHC 1457 (Ch): acted for Trans-Tag Ltd in its claims against a former director for breach of fiduciary duties. Important judgment covering the scope of a director’s ongoing duties. Led by Richard Leiper KC.
- Investec Bank plc v Muzinich & others: acted for Muzinich & Co Ltd, an asset management company alleged to have unlawfully recruited from Investec a team of employees operating in the aviation finance sector. Led by Daniel Oudkerk KC.
- Dorma UK Ltd v Bateman and others  IRLR 616: acted for successful claimant in obtaining wide-ranging springboard relief against a competitive business and former employees. Led by Adam Solomon KC.
- Davies v Hart  EWHC 607 (QB): successful in obtaining wide-ranging injunctive relief for the Claimant against a former director.
- Warm Zones CIC v Thurley & others  EWHC (QB): instructed by one of the defendants following the interim hearing in this claim relating to alleged misuse of confidential information.
- CEF Holdings Ltd & others v Mundey & others  IRLR 912: acted for the claimants on the return date to consider the continuance of the injunctions against a number of ex-employees. Led by David Reade KC.