Sam is noted in the directories as “particularly recommended for High Court injunctions”, and as “brilliant with confidential information and international business protection elements”.
He has a thriving injunction practice in employment contract restrictive covenants, and in related confidential information and commercial law fields where he has broad knowledge of preservation of evidence, freezing, search and seizure, and anti-suit applications.
Equally at home in all industry sectors, Sam has particular experience in the insurance broking and allied banking and finance arena, and in the areas of recruitment consultancy, Sport, and in the Medical/NHS Sector. He has represented numerous clients in “team move” injunctions, and in all areas in which the protection of confidential information is at a premium.
Example cases of note include:
- Dyson Technology Ltd v Pellerey  ICR 688: leading Court of Appeal case relating to Dyson’s confidential plans for an electric car, establishing the correct approach to the grant of injunctive relief in restrictive covenant cases.
- Petter v ECM Corporation & Anr  EWHC 1498: leading Court of Appeal anti-suit injunction and jurisdiction challenge involving parallel proceedings in the UK and Massachusetts. Due for appeal in the Supreme Court in November 2016, the case settled shortly before the Supreme Court hearing.
- Aquila Advisory Ltd v Faichney, Perrin & Ors  EWHC 3953,  EWHC 565 (Ch): successful injunction application in the context of a larger High Court fraud and tracing claim by Sam’s client claiming priority in the ownership of property and chattels the subject of a criminal confiscation order.
- Adib-Shahraki v Royal Bank of Scotland Plc (2013): important, high profile injunction claim brought by a claimant to prevent the closure of banking facilities, alleging that the reason for the Bank’s decision was his Iranian nationality. Sam, acting for the Bank, successfully defeated the application.
- Jesudason v Alder Hey Childrens’ NHS Foundation Trust (2012): high profile case representing a paediatric surgeon who obtained an injunction to prevent his dismissal.
- DeVere Group Ltd GmbH v Pearce  EWHC 1240: multi million pound cross border dispute in which Sam achieved an interlocutory and then final confidential information/restrictive covenant injunction for his financial services client.
- Lauffer v Barking Havering & Redbridge NHS Trust  Med L.R. 68: landmark injunction obtained by Sam’s consultant surgeon client to nullify a dismissal which had already occurred.
- Wirth Research Ltd v Green (2010): confidential information non-compete injunction application brought against Sam’s F1 client who moved to become Technical Director of F1 team, Force India.
- Everett v University of East London  EWCA Civ 402: injunction claim brought by a University vice-chancellor to prevent a disciplinary hearing going ahead. Sam’s university client successfully defeated the application in the High Court and in the Court of Appeal.
- Fourie v Le Roux  UKHL 1;  1 W.L.R. 320: landmark House of Lords freezing injunction claim in a £1 Billion cross border corporate insolvency fraud dispute.