Lucy has extensive expertise in a range of post-termination matters, including restrictive covenants, fiduciary duties and preparatory steps to compete. She has depth of experience across market sectors in particular traders and hedge funds, insurance brokers, account executive and the recruitment sector. Some recent examples:
- Represented eight defendants on a springboard injunction where a prior preservation of evidence order had been obtained without notice.
- Resisted an application against former employees and their new company to enforce restrictive covenants following a TUPE transfer.
- Acted for Insurance Brokers in obtaining urgent injunction including springboard relief following a team move and conspiracy involving 12 employees and a former director.
- Acted for former employee of PR and Communications firm in defending an injunction to enforce restrictive covenants. The case raised issues as to the basis for and appropriate scope of springboard relief, and the interplay between the necessary pre-action steps and delay.
- Acted for the Claimant media company in the first known contested injunction controlling the Defendants’ use of Linked-In groups and connections. Successfully obtained relief including forcing the Defendants to give up password access to the account.
- Instructed to advise and assist a solicitors firm with 100 clients implicated in the Panama Papers scandal, including a prominent foreign statesman. Advised on injunction against publication and related privacy/confidentiality issues.
- Instructed by international accountancy firm to obtain General Civil Restraint Order against vexatious litigant on interim basis, to cover all potential Defendants in the civil courts and employment tribunals. This is the widest form of civil restraint and is rarely ordered.