James has been involved in a variety of employment matters, including:
- Drafting Grounds of Claim and Grounds of Resistance across a range of claims including unfair dismissal, constructive dismissal, disability discrimination, sex discrimination and harassment.
- Appearing at preliminary hearings on behalf of respondents seeking the strike out of claims of unfair dismissal, redundancy, and discrimination on the grounds of age and marital status.
- Successfully defending a claim for unlawful deduction of wages under the Agency Workers Regulations 2010, and obtaining a significant costs order.
- Drafting an ET3 and Grounds of Resistance on behalf of a major retailer in a claim for constructive unfair dismissal and harassment on the grounds of age and disability.
- Preparing cross-examination and assisting with the drafting of a skeleton argument for a 4-day Employment Tribunal age discrimination claim
- Drafting Particulars of Claim seeking damages pursuant to an alleged conspiracy between a recently departed senior manager, his new employer, and over half of the staff of the original employer.
- Drafting a Defence and Counterclaim in a claim seeking injunctive relief, springboard relief and damages in the financial services industry following the alleged breach of post-termination restrictions in a shareholders’ agreement.