James acts for both claimants and respondents on employment law matters. He frequently appears in employment tribunals on a wide range of claims, including discrimination, whistleblowing, TUPE and equal pay.
James’ recent experience includes:
- Being led by David Reade QC in acting for a bank alleged to have discriminated against 17 individual and corporate claimants by suspending and closing their accounts
- Acting for an LLP in defending allegations of disability and sex discrimination brought by a former partner, led by James Bickford Smith
- Securing a high-value settlement for a senior executive at a well-known firm following a discriminatory investigation and demotion, led by James Bickford Smith
- Successfully resisting claims of disability discrimination and unfair dismissal on behalf of a major retailer following a multi-day hearing
- Successfully obtaining strike out and deposit orders at a preliminary hearing in respect of a claim for discrimination and breach of contract on behalf of a major professional services firm