James acts for both claimants and respondents on employment law matters. He frequently appears in employment tribunals and is comfortable addressing the full range of employment law claims, including discrimination, whistleblowing, TUPE and equal pay. James also regularly drafts pleadings for both statutory and common law employment claims, including appeals to the EAT.
James’ recent experience includes:
- Successfully obtaining strike out and deposit orders at a preliminary hearing in respect of a claim for discrimination and breach of contract on behalf of a major professional services firm
- Successfully resisting claims of disability discrimination and constructive unfair dismissal on behalf of a major retailer following a multi-day hearing
- Obtaining a six-figure settlement for a claimant alleging whistleblowing, race discrimination and constructive unfair dismissal
- Successfully representing a care home in a claim for unfair dismissal involving safeguarding issues
- Successfully defending a claim for unlawful deduction of wages under the Agency Workers Regulations 2010 and obtaining a significant costs order.