Nicholas has significant experience of employment based contractual litigation in the High Court. Nicholas is regularly instructed to appear in both the Queen’s Bench Division and the Chancery Division of the High Court in breach of employment contract and business competition cases (particularly in relation to applications for injunctive relief). In particular he has experience in relation to: Confidential Information, Springboard Relief, Restrictive Covenants, Database Rights, Team Moves, diversion of business opportunities and bonus claims.
Recent cases in this area include:
- Representing a national events agency in defending claims of unlawfully securing the custom of a multi-national telecommunications business through an alleged misuse of confidential information.
- Representing the former COO of an international brand loyalty conglomerate as regards an injunction seeking to restrain his employment with a competitor and addressing the potential enforceability of his post-termination restrictions under Delaware Law.
- Representing an international Technology Company in securing non- solicitation/dealing injunctions to prevent the unlawful competitive activities of its head of UK Sales on his move to its direct competitor.
- Securing injunctions to prevent the Sales Manager of an international IT recycling provider from misusing its key confidential information whilst employed by its main competitor alongside affidavit evidence and wide-ranging forensic imaging.
- Securing injunctions to protect the confidential information of a manufacturer engaged in the provision of bespoke braking systems to various Formula 1 teams and NASCAR.
- Acting for the Defendants (led by Naomi Ellenbogen QC) in a case that was listed for an 8 day hearing for springboard relief and damages as regards an alleged team move involving 4 providers of independent price verification services to international financial institutions where the Claimants sought significant undisclosed damages.
- Representing an international promotional agency in seeking injunctions to restrain the unlawful post-employment activities of its former UK MD;
- Representing a former partner in an international talent agency in seeking to secure her release from her post-termination restrictions as a result of the pre-termination harassment she faced.