Grahame is Deputy Head of the Littleton Sports Group. He has particular expertise in big ticket commercial litigation in the sports world, especially in FA Rule K Arbitrations (both as counsel and arbitrator); inevitably, this means he often goes head-to-head with some of the industry’s leading KCs. Grahame is a member of Sport Resolutions’ panel of arbitrators and regularly sits as an arbitrator, alone or as a panel, in high value or highly sensitive cases, and is frequently appointed to conduct investigations.
Recent highlights from Grahame’s sports practice have included:
- Hartlepool United FC v Fulham FC: Grahame, led by Sam Neaman, secured a six-figure sum before the Professional Football Compensation Committee in relation to the acquisition by Fulham of former Hartlepool player Luca Murphy,
- Isaac v (1) Tan Sri Dato’ Seri Vincent Tan and (2) Cardiff City Football Club (Holdings) Limited  EWHC 322 (Ch): Grahame acts for a minority shareholder in Cardiff City, Mr Isaac, against the majority, the Malaysian billionaire Vincent Tan in this major sporting bust-up. Judgment in Grahame’s client’s unfair prejudice petition is expected imminently.
- Acting, led by John Mehrzad KC for a major global sports agency against its former MD in FA Rule K arbitration).
- Conducting an investigation on behalf of the Board of a County FA in relation to allegations against former members.
- Acting for the former Head Coach of an England Olympic squad in an appeal against the ﬁndings of an independent investigation;
- Acting for a premiership and England star in a claim brought by a former agent; Acting for a major Cypriot agent in CAS agency-player dispute;
- Acting for a former premiership physio in a claim against his former club;
- Grahame has acted for a number of the major sports agencies in Rule K litigation against players who have defaulted on contractual obligations in agency mandates;
- Acting for a rugby player accused of a doping violation;
- Advising a national youth sport charity on safeguarding issues and drafting their safeguarding disciplinary policy. Grahame acted for a swimmer in a funding selection dispute in the run up to Rio 2016; he was led by Jeremy Lewis.